Not to be missed for professionals and cat lovers!
During two whole weekends, Daniel Filion will take participants on the road of feline behavior, and they will leave with a solid basis to better understand their cat, as well as his environment.
Inscription : Site du Centre du Bien-être Animal
Those two weekends unfold as such:
All inclusive aCATdemy Weekend : October 24 & 25 open for all:
Saturday, October 24th 2015
- The cat’s body language
- What’s better for your kitty
- The best cat products (litter, scratching posts, cat trees, etc)
- Home organizing for Kitty’s needs, at low cost
- How to stimulate a cat through games and play
- The cat’s day-to-day
- A typical day in the life of cat
- Territorial behaviors (indoors and outdoors)
- Feeding behaviors
- How to avoid them (litter, night meowing, aggressions, etc)
- Basic advice to solve these issues
- How to recognize good shelters and good breeders
- Choosing the right cat for oneself (cat evaluation method)
- How Mom raises her kittens and how to step up in her place
- How to socialize one’s cat well
- The main behavioral disorders
- A new cat
Sunday, October 25th 2015
- Cats amongst themselves
- “Social contracts” between cats and how they are developed
- Chemical communication (pheromones)
- What’s a cat?
- Cat senses and how cats use them
- Cat intelligence (including an IQ test for your own cats)
- Cat emotions
- Cat development and evolution
- A few unknown and acknowledged breeds
- Innate behaviors and instrumentalization
- Operating behaviors (reinforcement)
- How to train a cat
- Behavior modification (to make life easier)
- Myths debunked
FelineTensive Week-end Camp - October 31st & November 1st 2015
What will participants learn?
The course reviews the basic and advanced notions in feline behavior. But the FelineTensive Camp is first and foremost oriented towards the application of the acquired notions. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in several workshops devoted to situations that frequently arise when dealing with cats. They will have the chance to try out their gaze on body language, to learn how to assess a problem and solve it appropriately, and to know the appropriate advice to give to different types of cat owners. They will enjoy the humor and enthusiasm that characterize Cat Educator and its team.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING CAMP FOR?
- Animal health professionals
- People willing to begin training in order to become a feline educator/behaviorist
- Canine educator who whishes to better handle dog&cat cases
- Cat lovers… period.
No need to have prior behavioral training. The workshops are specifically separated by level to better suit everyone’s experience.
- Feline communication and detailed body language (practical workshop)
- Functional analysis (evaluation tools and practical workshop)
- How to deal with the cat owner (consultation mechanism)
- Cat motivators and cat training
- Inappropriate eliminations (evaluation and practical workshop)
- Differential reinforcement (cat training to solve problems)
- Aggressions between cats (evaluation and practical workshop)
- Aggressions towards humans (evaluation and case study)
- Social disorders and desensitizing (evaluation and case study)
- Night meowing (evaluation and case study)
- Food-related disorders (evaluation and case study)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders (evaluation and case study)
- Cat introduction technique (with another cat or dog)
- Breeding cat (advice for breeders)
- Shelter cat (advice for shelter employees)
- Cat in the clinic (advice for animal health auxiliaries and veterinarians)
Cat Education… Yes! It is possible!
Information and inscription:
October 24 and 25, 2015 - from 10am à 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm
October 31st and November 1st, 2015: from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm
260 € per module of 2 days
Centre du Bien-être Animal
76 rue de Lourmel
75015 Paris 15éme
(Metro Charles Michel)
Site du Centre du Bien-être Animal