A team of feline behaviour specialists with 7000 consultations to its name since 2007, Cat Educator is there to advise and help you solve your cat’s behaviour problems. With a satisfaction rate of 99% and 85% of cases resolved in a single consultation, our experienced team can help with your aggressive or fearful cat, house soiling, and several other issues.
Available tools before booking a consultation
- Solution page of our website that you can find here is filled with many solution for the basic cat behavior problem
- Félin expert (felinexpert.com) : NEW “Autonomous consult” – This is a brand new service of interactive video designed to help you solve cat behavior problem on your own. It’s also filled with free and paid videos on almost any cat behavioral issue that exist. IMPORTANT NOTE : the videos are currently only offered in French. English version soon to be available.
All consultations are assured by certified cat behavior consultants and includes a consultation report.
IMPORTANT – Any cat behavioral problem can be medical in origin. You should always see your veterinarian first before consulting on the behavior.
- Duration : approximately 1h30
- Cost : $132 /hr. Therefore a consultation cost $198 + transport for at home consultation. Payment is done PRIOR to the consultation (reimbursed if canceled) and can be done via credit cards, Interact payment, Paypal and cash.
- 3 consultation mode
IMPORTANT – Whatever the mode, our efficiency is the same in solving issues
- Online : Done via Cat Educator’s « zoom » or your favorite online conference plateform
IF YOU WANT A RENDEZ-VOUS QUICKLY, THE ONLINE CONSULTATION IS YOUR CHOICE
Note that online consultations have the same level of efficiency at home consult, while also being less expensive due to the absence of transport fees.
- At home : A consultant go at your house for the consultation. Transport fees are applicable.
IMPORTANT – It could take days and sometimes weeks to have rendez-vous for an at home consultation and not all regions are covered at all time, even in main urban areas.
- By phone : A phone consultation is as good for resolving a cat behavior problem as the majority of them are linked to the environment and in any case, we rarely see the behavior in consult when present at your home. We might need videos and photo to help us though.
- Online : Done via Cat Educator’s « zoom » or your favorite online conference plateform
What behaviour problems can be resolved?
Several behaviour problems may have a medical cause; it is of the utmost importance that you first see your veterinarian to rule out any possible medical conditions before behavioural aspects may be addressed.
There are various behaviour problems for which cat adopters seek our help:
- Urine or feces out of the litter box;
- Conflict between cats;
- Aggression towards humans;
- Meowing at night (always or mostly at night);
- Furniture destruction (scratching, biting, nibbling);
- Nibbling on cables or other materials;
- Fearful cat;
- And many more.
Call or e-mail us. Some problems can be easily resolved with some quick tips. If not, we can suggest some immediate actions to reduce the severity of a problematic behaviour until a consultation.
We can help you through an at-home, online or over the phone consultation, wherever you live. You only need to take pictures of videos (easier than ever now with smartphones), to help us better assess the situation. As cats often won’t perform a problematic behaviour in our presence, videos are always a must, even for at-home consultations.
Some cases are related to the cat’s environment, or how the house is laid out. In the latter, at-home consultations are preferable so that we can see the environment firsthand; this allows us to diagnose the problem accurately, and offer adequate solutions.
What happens during a feline behaviour consultation?
The consultant will first gather information about your cat, its environment, and its routine.
They will then ask you to explain the problem. They will ask precise questions about your cat’s demeanour and body language in order to analyze the behaviour in detail and establish an adequate action plan.
Depending on the problem, a tour of the house may be required.
If you have videos of the problem behaviour, cat fights, for example, the consultant will watch them with you.
Then, an intervention plan will be put in place. Each step will be explained in detail, as well as the reasons why they are necessary. You will likely have to do ‘homework’ in the following weeks. Success depends on you as well as on your cat!
A few days after the consultation, a complete and detailed report containing all conclusions and discussed recommendations will be sent to you by e-mail.
You can expect a follow-up email 2 weeks after the consultation. This tracking ensures that the cat responds to the solutions offered and that you correctly apply the techniques given. Of course you will be able to contact your consultant at any time before this follow-up to ask your questions, if necessary. Depending on the complexity of your situation and the additional advice you need, your consultant may suggest a telephone follow-up (time to be determined between you and your consultant, additional costs to be expected if the consultation time is up). If an extension of consultation (more than 30 minutes) is recommended, your consultant will discuss it with you and inform you of the related costs.
Ask us questions during the consultation. Feel free to discuss aspects of feline life, even if they are not related to the problem. You will have access to a feline behaviour professional; make the most of it! We can help with the enrichment of your cat’s environment, its wellbeing, etc. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of our knowledge; we’re here to help!
A consultation with a cat behaviourist – how much does it cost?
Our service is offered at-home, online or over the phone.
- Hourly rate (taxes excluded): $132/hr
IMPORTANT – Consultations last a minimum of 1h30.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Consultations last a minimum of 1h30 (for a total of $198, taxes excluded). Aside from exceptions previously determined by the specialist, no consultation may take less than 90 minutes. After 1h30, the consultant and you will evaluate whether additional time is required (at the same hourly rate, rounded up to 15 minutes, for the consult or follow-ups).
Students aged 18 to 25, as well as foster families associated with recognized shelters are eligible to a 20% discount upon providing proof.
Our consultation service is available:
Done via Cat Educator’s « zoom » or your favorite online conference plateform
IF YOU WANT A RENDEZ-VOUS QUICKLY, THE ONLINE CONSULTATION IS YOUR CHOICE as we have many consultant in many other region that can service you
Since we have several consultant available in many regions, online consultation are often dispatch much more rapidly. It is also cheaper as there are no transport fees.
EFFICENCY NOTICE : Our statistics shows that we have the exact same resolution rate with any of the 3 consultation mode. So contrary to common believes, at home consultation are not more efficient. Cat behavior problem are often linked to the environment and, in any case, we rarely see the behavior even if we go at your home. So photos and videos of the environment or the behavior is often enough for us to help you.
- At home;
A transportation fee of the Cat Educator is added to the cost of the consultation. This fee varies according to your place of residence and will be communicated to you prior to the consultation. We do our best to assign the Cat Educator who lives closest to you to minimize transportation costs. Should this not be possible for any reason, we will offer alternatives. Should additional home visits be required after the initial consultation, the transportation fee applies to each visit (taxes excluded).
- Over the phone;
Done over the phone, it’s an easy and efficient way of doing a consultation with the same success rate as any other mode of consultation
Accepted payment methods:
- Credit card;
- Interac transfer;
INCLUDED – Cat Educator stands out for providing a full, professional and detailed consultation report, which summarizes all given advice, details the action plan to guide you with putting the solutions in place, and contains a lot of additional tips and advice for any problem addressed during the consultation. This report (which is often optional and implies additional fees with other specialists) is a must and allows us to assess the evolution of the situation. It may also be handed to your veterinarian, should medical treatment be in order.
THE CAT EDUCATOR ADVANTAGE
Cat Educator is not only a specialist; it’s a team. Your Cat Educator has access to the knowledge of each member of our team in order to help you better. You may also ask for a new Cat Educator should you be dissatisfied with the one assigned to you.
Can your advice really resolve my cat’s problem?
- In 85% of cases, a single consultation is needed to resolve your cat’s behaviour problem within two weeks.
- Although some issues such as fear, socialization problemsor aggression may take longer to resolve, they don’t necessarily require more than one consultation.
- The consultation includes a follow-up over the phone or by e-mail. Whether your cat doesn’t respond to the solutions as planned, or simply to make sure that you’re doing things right, we’re here to help you.
Mon chat avait développé un grave problème de comportement suite à un traumatisme qu’il avait transféré sur moi. Il…